From Sew House Seven:
The Underwood Tank is one of the easiest knitwear patterns you will ever sew and wear. It was designed with hot weather comfort in mind and is the ultimate warm weather travel piece. This style was meant to cover a wide spectrum of summer weather wardrobe needs - anywhere from a swim suit cover-up to an out-to-dinner dress. All versions are sleeveless, fitted through the upper bust and then flowing into an A-line shape with a deep, curved back neckline that falls just above the bra-line for a little drama. The long (above the ankle) length dress also features long, knee length side vents. There are three options for hem lengths, two options for front neckline depths, and two options for neck and armhole finishing.
This pattern was fit using a bamboo/lycra jersey fabric. Most knit fabrics with at least 50 % stretch in the width and 20% in the length will work, however, be aware that more or less stretch may result in a smaller or larger fitting garment and you may need to size up or down.
This is a pdf downloadable pattern only.
Options & Features:
- sleeveless tank
- loose fitting body with an A-line shape
- deep, scooped back neck
- long, side vents on long version #3
- option A to finish the neck and armholes with folded facings. OR
- option B to turn the neck and armhole edges back and hem.
- high-hip length top
- above-the-knee length mini dress
- above-the-ankles length maxi/midi dress
- semi-hi front neck (neckline A)
- scooped, low front neck (neckline B)
This is an advanced beginner pattern. Sizes 00 - 20