From Cashmerette Patterns:
There’s nothing we love more than a fashion trend that’s cute but also ultra-comfortable! Shirred woven dresses are the ultimate trendy/comfy garments because no matter what you’re up to, they move with your body while still providing shaping.
This month’s Cashmerette Club pattern is the Franconia Dress, a lightweight woven dress with a shirred waistband for all-day comfort, a gape-free faux button placket, a delicate bound v-neckline and essential inseam pockets. Sew yours up for an easy breezy everyday look or a stylish beach coverup! (And if it’s your first time shirring, we’ve got you covered with a free video sew-along.)
Note: This pattern is available to active Cashmerette Club members only. This is the PDF pattern for July 2023 and includes sizes 0-32. Not a Club member? Join today.
- Bust-friendly, gape-free fit with cup sizes C-H
- Trendy shirred waistband that creates definition and texture while serving up all-day comfort
- Delicate bound v-neckline
- Breezy elbow-length dolman sleeves
- Midi-length flowy skirt with essential inseam pockets to carry all your stuff
- Pullover design with a faux button placket—no buttonholes to sew!
Recommended Fabrics: The Franconia is designed for light- to mid-weight woven fabric such as cotton lawn, linen, or rayon.
Sizes: 0-32 and cup sizes C-H
Fit Notes: The Franconia is designed for a loose fit with a cinched waist. If you’d like a more fitted look, go down one size.
- Michelle is wearing a size 22 E/F. Her measurements are 48″ high bust, 51″ full bust, 46″ waist, and 54″ hips, and she is 5′ 6″.
- Jenny is wearing a size 18 G/H. Her measurements are high bust 43″, full bust 47″, waist 39″, and hip 44″, and she is 5′ 6”.
- Brit is wearing a size 6 E/F graded to an 8 at the hips. Her measurements are 34″ high bust, 37″ full bust, 29″ waist, and 41″ hips, and she is 5′ 6.5″.