From Suzy Quilts:
The Maypole Quilt Pattern is a stunning and dynamic design the hinges on color and fabric choice. Because of it's minimal piecing it sews together very quickly.
This pattern is labeled as Moderate for skill level not because it is overly difficult, but simply because of the bias edges.
Bias cuts stretch more than fabric cut on grain, so you have to handling these cut pieces with care. If you stretch it too much, the fabric will ripple and distort. One great solution is to use starch on all of your fabric. Read more about ways to use starch and different kinds available.
- Skill Level: Moderate
- 100% original pattern
- Downloadable PDF
- Includes instructions for a Queen/Full – 99 ½” x 106 ½”, Throw – 56 ½” x 63”, Baby – 40” x 44 ½”
- A surprisingly fast pattern to sew with bold impact
- Multiple color palette options and a blank coloring page included
- See more pics of the process on the blog!
- All SQ patterns assume yardage to be 42″ wide and seam allowances to be a ¼”
- WOF = width of fabric